Home . . Care and Services . . Ambulance Services
Willmar Ambulance Service
Rice Memorial Hospital owns Willmar Ambulance Service, which provides multiple levels of care and transportation, including Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support.
If you have an emergency or need an ambulance, please call 9-1-1. Calling 9-1-1 is almost always the fastest way to get lifesaving treatment.
Signs of a Stroke
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Severe headache with no known cause.
For more information about stroke prevention visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Signs of a Heart Attack
- Chest pain and/or discomfort.
- Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back.
- It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body - such as pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or stomach.
- Shortness of breath - with or without chest discomfort.
- Other signs: breaking out into a cold sweat, nausea, or lightheadedness.
- Some heart attacks are sudden and intense, but many others start slowly with mild pain of discomfort. People often don't know what's wrong and wait too long to get help.
- A woman's most common heart attack symptom is also chest pain or discomfort. However, women may also experience the other signs. If you're not sure, tell a doctor about your symptoms.
For more information, please visit the American Heart Association.