>Cost and Registration
>Helpful People & Programs
>Frequently Asked Questions
>Birth Suites / Maternity
>Parking Map & Directions
Please call 320.231.7860 and
ask for help with the Childbirth Education Classes.
|What is the eLearning program?
What do I need in order to view the book?
- The Gift of Motherhood eLearning program is a
flash-based online book that will allow you to understand
all aspects of pregnancy
- The most recent version of Adobe Flash
- A fast internet connection (DSL, Cable or other broadband)
How do I use it?
- A computer with sound and speakers or headphones
- Read the eBook just like you would a traditional book -
click on the edge of the book to turn the page.
- Be sure to click on all of the icons to learn more. Some icons open a movie or animation, others give you added information.
What if I'm having difficulty
- If you see a word in green, you can move your mouse over it to learn the definition.
with the eBook?
|When should I register?
- A good time to register is
after the fifth month, but before the ninth month of
Is the Childbirth Education Series only for moms-to-be who are enrolled in a public health program?
- No, you do not have to be participating in a current public health program. Kandiyohi County Public Health encourages all moms-to-be and their partners / labor support to learn about having a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby.
If one of the dates in my series doesn't work for me, can I take that class during the next series?
It's my second baby, do you
- Yes, Please let Rice Education know your plans, by calling 320.231.8920.
have a refresher course?
Do you have a less expensive option?
- The complete Pregnancy to Parenting Series, which includes online eLearning program, three face-to-face classes, Gift of Motherhood booklet, and, Breastfeeding booklet, is $50.
- There is an Express Series option for $25 which includes either the Gift of Motherhood booklet or the Breastfeeding booklet, and one face-to-face class. This option does NOT include the online eLearning program.
|Will insurance pay for this series?
- Full cost of the class is $127. However, grants and other funding make it possible to offer the classes at a reduced rate. If you participate in a Minnesota Health Care Program, all costs for
classes may be covered by your health plan.
How long can I take to review
- Insurance billing will be through Kandiyohi County Public Health. Assistance
may be available to help with the cost of the classes for those who do not have insurance and are unable to pay.
the online e-Learning portion
of the series?
Where do the face-to-face classes take place?
- Your password code is good from Class #1 through the birth of your baby.
If the Childbirth Education
- Classes are held on
Tuesdays during the series month, in Lakeland
Auditorium at Rice Memorial Hospital. Lakeland
Auditorium is on the lower level, through the tunnel to Lakeland Health Center.
Series only for moms-to-be
who are seeing doctors from Willmar, or who have already chosen Rice Memorial Hospital for the birth of their baby?
- We are proud of the
beautiful environment and great care provide at Rice and hope you consider
having your baby here, however, all moms-to-be in our region are welcome to register for this series.