Home . . Care and Services . . Dialysis
The Kidney Dialysis Center at Rice Memorial Hospital opened in 1966. We moved to a spacious, new area in 2004, and have recently begun remodeling and adding to the center to continually enhance patient care.
Rice is at the forefront of kidney care with state-of-the-art equipment, electronic medical records, and personalized care.
We are a family -- patients, spouses, children, and healthcare providers in a caring, supportive environment.
The Dialysis Center is open seven days a week. Our professional staff monitors hemodialysis treatments continuously while you relax, listen to CD's, watch a personal TV, or surf the web on a laptop computer with internet access.
You have options available to you if you are working or attending school. We can also help with your dialysis care if you are visiting or vacationing in the area.
Our commitment to you:
- Educate you and your family about dialysis options.
- Provide safe and efficient dialysis with the most benefit to you.
- Provide you with a friendly dialysis atmosphere
- Provide you with a comfortable setting for your dialysis
- Help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and expand your quality of life.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment for the Pre-Dialysis Education program, contact the Rice Hospital Kidney Dialysis Center at 320.231.4235.
Mary Beth Potter, RN, BAN, CHPN, CHPCA, Director of Rice Dialysis
Deb Buffington, RN, BSN, CNN, Dialysis Operations Coordinator
- Care Team
- Treatment Options
Our on-site team of highly trained, skilled, experienced and professional staff, include:
- Registered nurse and certified nephrology nurses
- Licensed professional nurses
- Social Worker
To begin and maintain a dialysis program for you at Rice, a team of physicians work together to provide you with the best care possible in the convenience of our rural community:
- Your primary care physician
- Referring nephrologists
- An access surgeon
- Our medical director
Dialysis treatment options that may be available to you include:
- Peritoneal Dialysis - a home dialysis program that has been available through Rice Hospital for more than 15 years.
- Hemodialysis - an excellent outpatient dialysis program located at Rice Hospital.
- Kidney Transplant - referrals.
How do you know which treatment to choose?
Prior to choosing a dialysis care program, Rice offers free educational meetings for you and your family about chronic kidney disease. Our Pre-dialysis Education program discusses renal failure and the treatment options that are available to you so that you can make informed and educated decisions.
The pre-dialysis program is available to everyone. It provides time to become familiar with the different treatment options, as well as:
- Information about dialysis access (a surgical procedure to improve access to the dialysis treatment site).
- Nutritional counseling.
- Financial counseling for dialysis services.
- The opportunity to meet others already on dialysis.
- The opportunity to meet Rice Kidney Dialysis Center staff.
- A tour of our comfortable dialysis care center.
- The opportunity to meet with our nephrologist.