Both organizations believe strongly in getting involved and supporting the local community and thus they created the Rice Community All-Stars program just prior to the 2015 season. The program rewarded nine youth for their community involvement and how they made a positive impact within their community.
“Rice Memorial Hospital is pleased to team up with the Willmar Stingers to recognize those kids who are making good choices, staying active, and making a positive impact at home, school, or in the community,” said Joy Baker, Rice Memorial Hospital’s Marketing Manager.
The 3rd Annual Rice Community All-Star program will begin receiving applications starting today through Friday, April 21. Youth (between the ages of 8 to 14 years old) will be encouraged to register online or submit by mail their answers to three (3) questions for their chance to be selected to the 3rd Annual Rice Community All-Star Team. Youth will be asked to submit answers to questions focusing on their community and how they make a positive impact. A committee will select the nine children based on their answers and experiences that they have written about. Each of the nine children selected will be rewarded with an experience that will show what it is like to live the day in the life of a Stingers baseball player.
“We are very excited to partner with Rice Memorial Hospital and for the 3rd Annual Rice Community All-Stars program that recognizes the positive impact children make in their community,” said Stingers co-owner Marc Jerzak. “The program has been an absolute hit in previous years and we look forward to another successful program this summer,” Jerzak added.
To register to become a Rice Memorial Hospital Community All-Star please fill out the official Rice Community All-Stars Application form and mail to Willmar Stingers, PO Box 201, Willmar, MN 56201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations must be received before April 21 to be eligible.
The 2017 Rice Community All-Star Program includes the following experiences for each of the nine youth selected to be a part of the team. The experiences will be a part of the Rice Memorial Hospital Community All-Stars Night on Tuesday, June 6.
*RICE COMMUNITY ALL-STARS EXPERIENCES*
- Be announced at an official press conference where they will be presented with their own custom Willmar Stingers jersey (name and number) and official cap
- Be signed to a one-day promotional contract with the Willmar Stingers
- Team transportation from the press conference to the pre-game meal with the entire Stingers team.
- Have the chance to take batting practice and infield/outfield with the Willmar Stingers.
- Be introduced to the crowd as an official member of the Stingers.
- Throw out a ceremonial first pitch on June 6.
- Run out on the field for the National Anthem with the Willmar Stingers team
- Have the chance to sit in the dugout with the team for an inning during the game
- Be presented with their very own Willmar Stingers baseball card, which will also be the giveaway for that evening’s game.
Click below to download the registration form:
Rice Community All-Stars Registration Form
Review last year’s winning entries:
2016 Winning Entries