Starting an a fitness program may be one of the best (and hardest) things you can do to help improve your health. Being active can help reduce your risk of chronic disease, help you lose weight, feel more energized, improve quality of sleep and even boost self esteem. Becoming more physically active does not necessarily mean you have to join a gym, spend money on expensive equipment, or dig out your old Richard Simmons workout video’s.
What it does mean is finding something that interests you, something that motivates you, and most importantly, something that you will be consistent with. Your Reyou Wellness coach will help you find an activity or program that is realistic to your lifestyle and peaks your interest. Thus, enabling you to achieve your goal of being more physically active and changing lifestyle behaviors that will help you achieve total health and wellness.
WAIT! Before you start your fitness program, be sure to record some baseline data so you can measure your progress!
1. Record your pulse rate before and after you walk 1 mile
2. How long it takes you to walk 1 mile
3. How many push ups you can do at a time
4. Your waist circumference as measured around your bare abdomen, just above your hipbone
5. Your starting weight (Be sure to always weigh yourself on the same day, same time, same scale to ensure the most accurate results)