The Senior LinkAge Line is a free program that allows you to meet with a representative and ask questions about medical bills and health insurance coverage, regardless of whether it is related to Medicare, Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, supplemental insurance, long-term care insurance, or HMOs. The Senior LinkAge Representative will use many resources to help guide you through the health coverage maze. To make an appointment with a Senior LinkAge Representative, please call 1.800.333.2433.
Bring your insurance identification card so we may take a copy in order to bill your insurance company. If you received emergency services and did not have your insurance identification card with you, complete and return this form within 48 hours of your visit.
You will be asked to sign a form that allows Rice Memorial Hospital to receive payment for your services from the insurance company. The hospital is responsible for submitting bills to your insurance company, and we will do everything possible to expedite your claim. We will send a statement to you once your insurance has paid its share. Your balance must be paid within 30 days. For your convenience, payment of your balance can be made by cash, personal check, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover. Automatic debit is also available.
- If your insurance requires that you seek pre-certification or authorization for services, please make sure you have met those requirements.
- If you do not follow your plan’s requirements, you may be financially responsible for all or part of the services that you receive from the hospital.
- Please remember that your policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, and you have final responsibility for payment of your hospital bill.
- You must add your new baby to your insurance policy within 30 days.
- If you have a co-pay, deductible, or service that isn’t covered by insurance, please pay that portion of your charges at the time of registration.
You may make payment arrangements before your discharge or after. We would be happy to visit with you to discuss arrangements.
Rice Memorial Hospital will not become involved in financial liability disputes. Financial responsibility for services always rest with the patient. We will release records only when there is proper authorization to do so.
If you are uninsured, a discount will be applied to your account to assist you with the financial obligation of your hospital/healthcare expense.
Call a financial advocate if:
- You received your statement and can make pay only a part of the balance due
- You would like to set up a payment plan
- You would like information about a Rice Trust Grant
- You do not have insurance
- You would like to see if you qualify for a discount
- You have any questions about your bill or payments
Rice Memorial Hospital
301 Becker Ave. SW
Willmar, MN 562011
Main phone number
Rice Hospital insurance clerks can be reached: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Please call the phone number that corresponds to the first letter of your last name:
A-H call 320.231.4686
I -R call 320.231.4815
S-Z call 320.231.4289
Outside the Willmar area, call toll-free 1.866.601.0527