Rice Rehabilitation Center is now offering specialized assessment and treatment for conditions related to pregnancy and postpartum.
NEW: Bellies and Babies – Fitness Class for Expectant and New Moms.
Learn more and sign up here.
Dysfunction and pain in pregnancy:
- 72% of women report low back pain
- 68% of women report pelvic girdle pain
- Up to 40% of women report urinary incontinence or leaking during pregnency
- Only 15-30% who report pain receive treatment
- 20% of women with severe pain during pregnancy will avoid future pregnancies
- Incidence of pain is high, but few report symptoms
Dysfunction and pain postpartum:
- 50% of women report low back pain 3 months postpartum
- 57% of women report headaches 3 months postpartum
- 20-40% of women report urinary incontinence or leaking 3 months postpartum
Conditions that can be treated:
- Low back pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Urinary and fecal incontinence or leaking
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Perineal pain
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Diatasis rectus (separation of stomach muscles)
- Numbness and tingling
Physical Therapy Examination/Evaluation (60 minutes)
Your therapist will assess your range of motion, strength, posture, and motor patterns to determine the source of your symptoms. This information will then be utilized to develop a program to improve your symptoms and functional abilities during your day.
Physical Therapy Treatments (30-45 minutes) may include:
- Home exercise program, including pain relieving exercises
- Positioning to relieve nerve pain
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Education on laboring positions to minimize injury and progress labor
- Soft tissue mobilization
Most clients are referred by their physician. However, some insurances will cover your therapy if you come directly to the therapist. Once a referral is received, Rice Rehabilitation will contact you to set up the initial appointment.
For further information please contact us at 320.231.4175.