Would you like to visit a patient in the hospital?
- IMPORTANT REMINDERS: The staff and patients appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these requests.
- Please help protect patients from seasonal viruses. If you have the signs and symptoms of a cold or the flu, please refrain from visiting the hospital until you are symptom-free.
- If you are well enough to visit, please wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before entering the patient’s room to help stop the spread of germs and infection.
Rice does not have posted visiting hours.
We ask that visitors respect the wishes of the patient and the unit where the person is staying. If you arrive after 8:00pm, you must enter through the Emergency Services Department entrance on Becker Ave., where you will be given a visitor’s pass to visit.
In general, please note:
- Children may visit if they are accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their supervision.
- No one with an active infection may visit patients.
- Staff has the right to restrict visitors or request they leave.
- Specialty areas have their own visiting policies.
- Nursing staff will advise visitors regarding any limitations.
Visitor Information and Services
For your convenience, an ATM is located on the first level, main lobby, next to the Gift Shop. Most major credit cards and bank cards are accepted.
The hospital chapel is open to everyone at all times. It is a peaceful, noni-denominational space located on the main floor. From the lobby, walk past the main elevators and turn right. Follow the sign to the chapel on your left.
Patients and families are sometimes faced with difficult decisions concerning the ethics of medical treatment under a specific situation. Recognizing that values differ and conflicts may arise, the Rice Hospital Ethics Committee is available for consultations.Learn more about Ethical Considerations
A chaplain is also available and on-call 24 hours a day.
Ask for assistance from hospital staff, or dial 320.231.4211 or the hospital operator at extension 0.
The hospital cafeteria is located on the lower level of the hospital and serves both employees and visitors.
The food service area is open daily from 6:30am to 3:00pm and again from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30am to 8:45am
- Lunch is served from 10:45am to 1:00pm
- Dinner is served from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
In addition to standard food service options, there are vending machines located on all levels of the hospital.
Room Service Menus are available in patient rooms.
If you speak a language other than English, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 320.235.4543.
Si usted habla español, servicios de asistencia lingüística, gratis, están a su disposición. Llame al 320.235.4543.
Haddii aad ku hadasho adeegyada kaalmada luqadda, oo lacag la’aan ah Soomaaliya, waxaa laga heli karaa in aad. Wac 320.235.4543.
In the interest of the health of our patients and staff, Rice has a latex-safe policy. Because of this, latex balloons are not permitted in the hospital. Mylar balloons are an acceptable substitute.
If you have lost something at Rice please contact the housekeeping department at 320.231.4209.
Notary services are available through the business office at 320.231.4287.
Visitor/patient parking is available immediately in front of the hospital and directly to the south of the hospital, across Trott Ave.
Rice has sleep rooms available for families of our patients onsite in the hospital. The rate for these rooms is $30 per night. For more information on our sleep rooms, contact the communications center at 320.235.4543.
Rice Hospital is committed to providing a smoke-free environment on all of its campuses –both inside and outside our facilities. This smoke-free indoor and outdoor policy was created in order to ensure a safe and healthy environment of our patients, visitors, employees, volunteers and medical staff.